Friday 9 January 2009

"For who is God besides the Lord...

..And who is the Rock except our God?!" (Ps. 18:31) I hope everyone is having a wonderful, joyful Friday morning! Since it seemed to work well-enough to bullet out ideas and updates last time, I think I will go with it again this time. So here is what's new:

-Bad news first-so that whole idea that I was going to get my fixed computer back soon...not so much. In fact, I got a call the other day from the Apple repair depot in Texas during which I was informed that my computer is entirely ruined. They cannot fix it and since it was liquid damage by the user (while I almost died), it is not covered by the 1.5 year of full warranty that I had left. As you can imagine, this was very, very frustrating for me to realize that this was a total loss of a newish computer of about $1500-just down the drain. Especially since it is one of the only necessary tools for my job. So, I am trusting that the Lord is working good through this, teaching me to trust Him even more, and will receive glory. I would appreciate your prayers that I will be obedient to these ends.
-On to the good news...attended the Restoration Academy monthly luncheon yesterday, and was able to bring a friend along. I would love to continue bringing more people from our church who may be free the first Thursday of each month! It is an hour long, during lunch break, from 12-1.
-At the meeting, I "happened" to run into some contacts from the area whom I had been eagerly seeking out! We are scheduling a meeting for next week to learn of more ways to get involved in Woodlawn and Fairfield
-I was able to schedule a meeting with the faculty at Restoration Academy for Tuesday, in order to nail down the ways we can help them this year. Please pray for wisdom in this meeting!
-I learned two new things at the meeting: 1. The post office next to the school had just been held up by a woman with a handgun only an hour before. Do we need a better demonstration of a needy area? 2. A local Christian doctor, Dr. Tom Edwards, has decided to open up a medical clinic in the adjoining building to Restoration Academy! This is a HUGE resource and life-giving source for the people of the area, and we may be able to help in the future!
-Last night, as I was watching the football game at a friend's house, I "happened to run into a mutual friend who I had been wanting to meet for some time. After talking to him for a while, I learned he is on the Board of Trustees at Restoration and we discussed a number of ideas for involvement! It was such a providential meeting and another blessed piece of the puzzle that is beginning to foster a beautiful relationship with this area and school.
-This morning I had an extremely encouraging support meeting with a Birmingham man, during which we were mutually encouraged by each other, and the Lord reminded me of his incredible faithfulness!

Continue to pray that the Lord will guide our church as we continue to seek His Will for the ways that He would have us seek the welfare of our city. I leave you today with this verse, "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:1-3

2 comments:

AB said...

wow!

Anonymous said...

hey dude...Klings and Davises want to do the 24th. Elaine should be emailing you.