Wednesday 7 January 2009

Catch-up time...

As promised, I am about to attempt a swift and concise summary of all that has taken place over the last month or so, along with my defense/explanation for the sporadic posts, haha. Since I have found that it is quite difficult to adequately encapsulate lengthy breaks without turning them into novels, I have decided to simply bullet out the major events of said time period, including both personal events and church/city-related events. Here goes...

-First, a late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
-During Thanksgiving, my grandfather died and is now with the Lord, which was a very bittersweet time for my family, and kept me in N.C. for a longer than expected
-A quick (if that's possible) trip to P.A. and N.J. for the funeral followed. Again, very hard, but also a time of rejoicing
-My short return to Birmingham allowed: a meeting with Shannon Bottoms, the Volunteer Coordinator for Cornerstone Christian School in Woodlawn; several financial support meetings; attendance at a Christmas Block Party in Fairfield -made several great connections; coordinating with Restoration Academy about opportunities
-Another trip to be with family in P.A. and N.J.
-A weekend in Montgomery for Jeremiah Sizemore and Sarah Wolf's wedding
-Time home with family and friends for Christmas
-Almost died in a wreck on the way home, somewhere around 3am in Spartanburg, S.C. Escaped totally unscathed, thank you Lord!
-In near wreck, my computer was soaked in water...has been unusable since-one of the main reasons for lack of updates. Should be getting it back from being fixed any day
-Met with several supporters at home, as well as several contacts doing similar ministry in the inner city for their churches-great exchange of info/ideas
-New Years in Birmingham with friends going to, living/ministering in, coming from: UAE, Northern Ireland, Ethiopia, Costa Rica, Uganda
-Now have NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!!---dwight@rccbirmingham.org
-More encouraging support meetings with very helpful commitments-now have about 60% of my goal committed! Praise the Lord! Keep praying that I will trust Him to provide
-Visited Southtown housing project area and learned of ministries there, church reps from Red Mt.
- Firmed up more opportunities with Cornerstone for this year
-A young girl from Woodlawn High school was shot and found dead, along with another boy the Sunday before New Year. There was a community gathering/vigil for her in the days to follow. This is out our backdoor, church. Pray for this area and it's people
-Restoration Academy's monthly informational/fundraising luncheon is tomorrow, Thursday at 12. I am taking several interested people- if you want to come, let me know!


Well, that still ended up being long. I hope it served it's purpose, though. Please continue to pray for wisdom as I may contacts and relationships for the ministries and partnerships we will be announcing and taking part in very soon! As soon as I get my computer back, you will see much more frequent updates! Have a great day!

No comments: