Wednesday 18 March 2009

Like sheep without a shepherd

Here are two challenging passages to meditate on today. Pray that the Lord reveals new meaning in these passages and teaches us how this should affect our lives:

"And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.' " Matthew 9:35-38

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean, because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:1-5

If anyone is interested in preparing and serving a meal some Tuesday night at the family homeless shelter, please let me know. Right now, we have it covered for two more weeks, through the month of March. However, from the start of April and on, there is no one signed up! So, if you have done it once and want to do it again, or if this is your first time, get involved!

No comments: